Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Stitchrovia's Love Wedding Sampler for Crossstitcher Magazine - Review and Progression Pics

On friday, I was lucky enough to witness the marriage of two friends of mine. It was such a wonderful day, and as they were the first of my friend's from school to get married I figured I'd do something to mark the occasion - a crossstitch of course!

Luckily for me, Emma Congdon from Stitchrovia had published the most beautiful wedding sampler on the front page of May 2014's Crossstitcher magazine (This one).


I am already a huge fan of Emma's work and have got a good few of her patterns sitting in the to-do list, and once I get around to them I'll review them too! :-) 

Anywho, here's my progress shots:
 I chose a heavy 14 count aida which had actually been given to me by someone giving up their craft stash. It was a harsh white but with silver thread through it; something near impossible to photograph!
 
 The beautiful thing about this pattern was that you could easily use the heart section on it's own. I was half tempted to leave it as it was at this point, but I persevered. Stitching continuously with one colour can become increasingly monotonous, and it's pretty easy to get bored.
 
I absolutely loved doing this pattern, and I was so pleased with my fabric choice. What was most difficult was finding a framer local to me that would have a good selection of different frames. Unfortunately the only framer available here had a very small selection, but I was able to make it work by selecting a silver frame to accent the fabric. So here's the end result!


Oh, and here's a gratuitous photograph of the lovely bride and groom who I gifted it to. Wishing them all the health, wealth and happiness for their marriage.


Hooray for weddings and love and stuff! Thanks for the lovely day guys and awesome cake pop! I had such a wonderful time and holding the bouquet during the photographs was so lovely. The sweet-peas smelt incredible! Sorry for being the first one on the dance floor with Alex too...ehehe!





 

1 comment:

  1. I saw your progress on Instagram and just loved this! It turned out fantastic and it would be such an amazing wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete